Jasper, solid as a Rock. Jaspers are extremely solid crystals that are made of a variety of densely-packed quartz micro-crystals. The combination of different minerals gives it its opaque look and is the reason why it comes in so many different colours, from red and brown, yellow and green to blue and purple.
Being an elemental Earths stone, its vibrations are in tune with the Earth’s electromagnetic energies. Jaspers are powerful grounding rocks that can help you to ground into the earth’s energy and also to gain physical and emotional strength. It is very soothing and stabilizing at the same time. Jasper will also allow you to see good in others.
Jasper has already adorned people in ancient civilization around the world. Especially kings, priests, shamans and healers wore them as talismans, to protect themselves from any harm in the physical and the spiritual world.
When worn or used during meditation, jasper can help you heal creative blocks by freeing you from negative thoughts and lack of enthusiasm. It said that jasper also strengthens your spiritual awareness and the understanding that all life in nature is connected to each other. The earthy colours and appearance of jasper are a reflection of the natural landscapes on earth. To connect on a higher level with its grounding and earthing energy, use jasper when meditating outside or when you walk barefoot.
All Jasper colour variations are linked to the root chakra, which anchors us to the earth and keeps us stable. Depending on its colour variation, jasper can have a slightly different meaning and it can also be associated to other chakras. Nevertheless, no matter the colour tones, all share the same basic meaning and all are strong grounding and earthy stones that encourage us to connect to nature at a deeper level.
Here are just a few Jasper colour variations:
- Red Jasper is the most popular colour and one of the best root chakra stones. It is a stone of health and passion. Red jasper energizes all areas of your body that feel inactive and can provide you with positive, joyful energy that inspires and motivates you to take action and make your dreams come true.
- Black Jasper is supposed to protect against curses, threats and any type of dangers.
- Blue Jasper is considered an anti-stress stone and comes in many different shades of blue. It can have darker veins, spots and circles. It’s a great stone if you want to boost your confidence and gain more courage. Blue jasper is also linked to the heart chakra.
- Brown Jasper includes different types of jasper, such as picture jasper. A great stone for karmic healing and also very grounding. It can release you from worries, anger and fear.
- Green Jasper is said to drive out evil thoughts and to balance obsessive behaviours. It can help you gain control over your thoughts and balances your emotions.
- Lotus Jasper balances yin and yang energies which results in healing and peace. It helps you to relax even in difficult situations. Lotus Jasper brings peaceful endings to situations and relationships. It is also said to help in relieving grief. Lotus Jasper is associated to the heart chakra.
- Ocean Jasper is a very mystic stone that represents the interconnectedness of all things and can help you to develop self-love but also empathy for others.
- Yellow Jasper is ideal for you if you lean towards excessive or chronic worrying. It calms the mind and gives you a sense of confidence. Yellow jasper is associated to the solar plexus chakra.
- Rainbow Jasper is linked to all chakras which helps to balance the energies in your body. It can help you when you tend to overthink or procrastinate things.
CLICK HERE to shop all jasper jewellery.